Job Posting - Substitute
Location: Basin City, Benton City, Bookmobile, Connell, Kahlotus, Keewaydin Park, Kennewick, Merrill's Corner, Othello, Pasco, Prosser, West Pasco, West Richland
Closing: Open until filled
Hours of Work: Varies – up to 50 hours/month; some daytime, evening and weekend hours required. Examples of shifts could include 9 am – 1 pm, 2 – 7 pm, or 5 – 9 pm.
Salary Range: $15.40/hour
We are seeking flexible individuals willing to serve as back-up for regular Mid-Columbia Libraries’ employees on an intermittent, on-call basis. Substitutes will assist library customers through a variety of activities which may include checking library materials in and out, issuing library cards, taking fines and payments for lost or damaged materials, updating library customer records, and placing holds. Substitutes may also resolve issues related to overdue materials and library customer’s circulation records and provide basic information about materials, programs and services offered by MCL.
Minimum Qualifications: • High School diploma or equivalent; one year of library or general clerical experience with public contact; or equivalent technical training, education, and/or experience.
• Ability to obtain a valid Washington driver’s license.
• Knowledge of current office methods, equipment, practices and procedures including PC usage and familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and other personal computer applications, emailing systems, web-based searching, and eReaders.
• Professional experience in a library, retail, customer service, or education setting is highly desired
• Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) a plus
• High School diploma or equivalent; one year of library or general clerical experience with public contact; or equivalent technical training, education, and/or experience.