Job Posting - Community Library Supervisor II
Closing: Fri, 02/08/2019 - 5:00pm
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week; including some nights and weekends
Salary Range: Starts at $20.34/hour (2019 Salary Schedule - CLSII classification) + benefits including paid time off (holidays, vacation, sick time), healthcare and PERS state retirement
The Pasco branch located at 1320 W. Hopkins Street serves a diverse population as a thriving library, local community hub and active internet access point. Mid-Columbia Libraries is seeking a supervisor to oversee library services at this location and focus on customer experience. In this position, the library supervisor will act as a liaison with the local community; plan and promote library programs, services and resources; manage library staff; monitor library and collection usage; and resolve customer concerns.
Minimum Qualifications: • Associate of Arts degree from an accredited college. Bachelor of Arts/Science degree preferred. • Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to respond to a variety of situations and interact with diverse populations.
• Three years of relevant experience such as customer service, retail and/or community outreach. Library experience and lead or supervisory experience desirable.
• Or equivalent technical training, education, and/or experience.
• Must be able to obtain a valid Washington State driver’s license.
• Ability to develop and implement branch goals, objectives, programs and plans.
• Knowledge of technological devices (such as eReaders & tablets) and their application.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
• Associate of Arts degree from an accredited college. Bachelor of Arts/Science degree preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to respond to a variety of situations and interact with diverse populations.
Job Description: community_library_supervisor_ii.pdf