Frequently Asked Questions
With your Visa, MasterCard, or Discover debit or credit card, you can pay for fines online. From wherever you are, just go to our SmartPay website.
In the library
Some locations have a self-service Payment Station that accept cash or credit, if you're the do-it-yourself type.
If you're more of a people-person, our staff can take either cash or check at the service desk.
Or, if you prefer plastic, but you can't find a payment station, please feel free to use one of our public or catalog computers to log in to our SmartPay website.
Did you over pay your fines?
Use this form to request a refund.
Once you’ve found your item in the catalog, click on “Place Request” in the Item Record. (If you need help finding items, please see “How Do I Find a Book?”)
Once you click on “Place Request”, you’ll need to know your library card barcode (which is on the back of your card) and your account password.
Your password is whatever word/set of numbers you selected when you registered for your library card. If you’ve forgotten your password, please contact your local branch.
Enter your barcode & password and click “Log In.”
Confirm which library branch you would like the item sent to and click “Submit Request.” The item will be delivered to the selected branch for pickup when it is available.
There are two easy ways to find what you're looking for.
The easiest way to find a book, movie, or magazine is to look at our catalog. The catalog is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To get to the Catalog, click on “Catalog” in the main navigation bar (it’s the orange menu below the clouds).
- Once you’re in the Catalog, click on “Search”. Enter whatever information you already know.
- You can make your search more specific by selecting an option under “Search by.” You can use “Search by” to look for books by the same author, look for materials with the same title, or find materials covering the same topic.
- You can make your search more specific by selecting an option under “Limit by." You can set “Limit by” to only show results that are books, DVDs, books on CD, or whatever specific kind of material you’d like.
Your other option is to call your local branch of Mid-Columbia Libraries. Our friendly staff will be happy to help you find the book, movie, or magazine you need. Click here to look up your local branch’s contact information.
You can renew items three different ways:
- At the top of the Mid-Columbia Libraries website under "Account Login", type in your Card Number with no spaces. Type in your PIN (Personal Identification Number). Click the Log In button (Below the PIN). If you do not know your PIN you will need to ask for it next time you visit the library.
- Click on Items Out.
Note: You may Renew Selected Items or Renew All Items.
- To Renew Selected Items you must first put a checkmark next to each item you want to renew and then click on Renew Selected Items (below the list of titles).
- To Renew All Items click on Renew All Items (below the list of titles).
Note: You will see a message appear about the renewal status your items.
- To log out Click on Log Out (top right) OR click BACK to return to the previous page.
- To renew items via telephone, if you are local, please call 374-8379. If that number is long distance for you, please call (800) 948-5350.
- Enter Card Number and PIN (Personal Identification Number).
- To renew checked out items in person, please visit any branch of Mid-Columbia Libraries and log into your acccount using any of our Express Check machines.
Checked out items may be renewed twice if there are no reserve requests on the item.